This week has been a technological explosion in Tanner HQ. There are several reasons for this:
- I have upgraded my phone from a BlackBerry Curve to a Bold. Not a massive leap, but I actually quite like the combination of the keypad and a touchscreen, which makes web browsing a lot easier.
- Onto this phone, I have finally downloaded WhatsApp, which people have been asking me to do for YEARS
- We have upgraded our home Virgin Media package to get faster internet and a TiVo box. I totally don’t understand how to use it yet, but it’ll be exciting to be able to record things (which other people have been doing for about five years anyway, but we haven’t done since the days of VHS, i.e. the Stone Age)
- The wonderful Chris has kindly given me his old iPad… and despite not being a massive Apple fan, I will fully admit that it is beautiful. I’ve gone wild and downloaded all sorts of newspaper and magazine apps (in the name of journalism of course) and rigged up my email as well as the usual suspects: Facebook, Twitter, WordPress (blogging on the move, how modern) and…
- LinkedIn! I signed up for an account today and would love to link with some of you guys. Here I am if you want to connect!
I am, of course, very open to making new connections, and this could be the start of a beautiful business relationship!
In other news, I am still loving my new job, and there is a chance I might have some more freelance stuff coming my way soon, which would be awesome.
By the way, if any of you might know of anybody who might need any casual or even one-off content for their website or any blog posts, I’d love it if you could direct them to my Journalisted profile or the Portfolio page of this very website!
I’m also thinking about getting this blog turned into my own website, but I have no idea how to go about that. If anyone has any pointers I would love to talk to you!